University of California
The Budget provides total funding from all sources of $5.5 billion for UC, an increase of $348.9 million or 6.8 percent above the 2006-07 level. This funding level includes $3.3 billion General Fund, reflecting an increase of $195.9 million or 6.4 percent above the 2006-07 level. The Budget includes the following significant General Fund and fee related adjustments for UC:
The Budget includes the following significant current-year General Fund adjustments for UC:
- $1.3 million increase for lease purchase payments.
- $116.7 million increase (4 percent) for basic budget support.
- $52.9 million increase (2.5 percent) for enrollment growth consistent with the Compact. This funding will enable UC to enroll an additional 5,000 state-supported students.
- $104.7 million increase in fee revenue associated with the 7-percent fee increase for undergraduate, graduate, and professional school students. One-third of the revenue generated by the fee increases for undergraduate and professional programs and 45 percent of the revenue generated by the graduate fee increase will be set aside for financial aid.
- $14 million in one-time funds for costs associated with sustaining UC Merced operations in 2007-08 for a total funding level of $24 million.
- $757,000 to restore nursing funding for expansion of entry-level master's nursing programs pursuant to Chapter 592, Statutes of 2005 (SB 73).
- $570,000 increase for the next cohort of 38 students for the PRIME Program, which targets prospective medical doctors for underserved populations.
- $500,000 increase for the COSMOS program that provides summer enrichment for talented K-12 students in math and science.
- $15.8 million increase for lease purchase payments.
- $10.5 million increase for annuitant health benefits.
CHAPTER HIGHLIGHTS for
Higher Education Back to Top
PRINTABLE BUDGET DOCUMENTS Back to Top
Enacted Budget Summary - Higher Education (pdf * - 37K) -
Provides the entire Higher Education Chapter in pdf format.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION Back to Top
Enacted Budget Detail - Higher Education
Displays Enacted Budget Detail information for Higher Education.