The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) is dedicated to optimizing the health and well-being of all Californians. The CDPH achieves its mission through the following core activities:
- Promoting healthy lifestyles for individuals and families in their communities and workplaces.
- Preventing disease, disability, and premature death, and reducing or eliminating health disparities.
- Protecting the public from unhealthy and unsafe environments.
- Providing or ensuring access to quality, population-based health services.
- Preparing for and responding to public health emergencies.
- Producing and disseminating data to inform and evaluate public health status, and inform public health strategies, programs, and actions.