3855 Sierra Nevada Conservancy
3220 - SIERRA NEVADA CONSERVANCY PROGRAM
Established pursuant to Chapter 726, Statutes of 2004, the Conservancy is authorized to:
- Provide increased opportunities for tourism and recreation;
- Protect, conserve, and restore the region's physical, cultural, archaeological, historical, and living resources;
- Aid in the preservation of working landscapes;
- Reduce the risk of natural disasters, such as wildfires;
- Protect and improve water and air quality;
- Assist the regional economy through the operation of the Conservancy's program;
- Undertake efforts to enhance public use and enjoyment of lands owned by the public.
In support of these programs, the Conservancy facilitates collaborative planning efforts with local and regional governments, community groups and interested parties, provides technical assistance and initiates and funds projects to identify and fill critical needs in the Sierra Nevada region.