6980 Student Aid Commission
Major Program Changes
- An increase of $68.9 million General Fund in 2014-15 and $198.2 million General Fund 2015-16 to reflect increased participation in the Cal Grant Program.
- An increase of $45 million General Fund in 2015-16 to fully fund the Middle Class Scholarship Program per current law.
- An increase of $91 million General Fund in 2015-16 to reflect decreased Temporary Assistance for Needy Families funding.
- An increase of $15 million General Fund to reflect the loss of federal funding for the Cal-SOAP and Cash for College outreach programs.
- An increase of $840,000 General Fund and 3.0 positions to modernize the Grant Delivery System.