3540 Department of Forestry & Fire Protection
13 - BOARD OF FORESTRY AND FIRE PROTECTION
The California State Board of Forestry and Fire Protection (Board) is a Governor-appointed body within CAL FIRE. The Board is responsible for developing the general forest policy of the State, for determining the guidance policies of the CAL FIRE, and representing the state's interest in federal land in California. Together, the Board and CAL FIRE work to carry out the California Legislature's mandate to protect and enhance the state's unique forest and wildland resources. The Board's statutory responsibilities are to:
- Establish and administer forest and rangeland policy for the state;
- Protect and represent the state's interest in all forestry and rangeland matters;
- Provide direction and guidance to the Director and CAL FIRE on fire protection and resource management;
- Deliver a comprehensive regulatory program for forestry and fire protection;
- Conduct its duties to inform and respond to the people of California.